BOOK - JUST KIDS



Reading whilst traveling is a real pleasure for me, with each particular book locking in a ton of memories from each trip. As I'm about to set off again I thought I'd recommend the last book I read when I was away - "Just Kids" by Patti Smith. If you're a fan or Patti Smith or Robert Mapplethorpe its a cert you'll enjoy this but aside from it's obvious target fan market it makes for a genuinely interesting and intimate glimpse into a burgeoning scene in 60's/70's New York and the respective careers of Smith and Mapplethorpe. It does such a job on saturating the Chelsea Hotel with such prestige and history that I'm dead set on staying the next time I'm in town despite the inevitable disappointment of it having changed completely. Fantastic stuff.
BUY "JUST KIDS" ON AMAZON